Wednesday, February 19, 2014

PICK OF THE WEEK: A Family Moment

Well, how long has it been since I've missed the Pick of the Week? Months! No point in making excuses. All I will say is that I hope the feature is back for good this time.
Anyway, one image jumped out at me as I went through my recent work. "Hey Dad! We;re over here!" I made this image in Amsterdam last (European) summer.
A mother and son enjoying the sunshine, and suddenly the boy sees his father, jumps up excitedly and waves as he runs towards his father.
A spontaneous moment which I was fortunate enough to witness and record forever with my camera.
To witness and to record such moments is a true joy and confirmation to me that I am doing the right work.
My only wish is that I'd been able to give this mother and son a copy of this photograph. Such moments are worth treasuring.
Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments, questions, suggestions. The floor is yours! Sharing is a huge part of my philosophy, so please, share your thoughts with us